Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Contributor II

Monitor Mode and Spectrum Monitor in New Central

Hi, does anyone know if Monitor Mode and Spectrum Monitor are available in Aruba Central?

I put an AP in both Monitor Mode and Spectrum Monitor, but I cannot find the corresponding section to view the graphs and reports that can be seen in local Instant GUI.

I've read from previous posts from arund two years ago that Monitor Mode and Spectrum Mode are not available in Central... is this still true?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Monitor Mode and Spectrum Monitor in New Central

Background Spectrum monitor has been added in the most recent update of Central: https://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.5.0/documentation/online_help/content/access-points/mrt/ap-spectrum.htm

It requires 8.5.0.1, if you configure an AP radio for background spectrum monitoring, it should show you a Tab with the Spectrum analysis.

I don't think that the same dashboard is available, when you configure the AP itself to Monitor or Spectrum, though. Would need to test that.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Background Spectrum monitor has been added in the most recent update of Central: https://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.5.0/documentation/online_help/content/access-points/mrt/ap-spectrum.htm

It requires 8.5.0.1, if you configure an AP radio for background spectrum monitoring, it should show you a Tab with the Spectrum analysis.

I don't think that the same dashboard is available, when you configure the AP itself to Monitor or Spectrum, though. Would need to test that.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

I have some APs with background spectrum monitoring switched on. I can get spectrum data from the AP CLI but in Central the Spectrum Tab appears than after a second it disappears. 

The AP's are running 8.5.0.5_73491. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: