Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Monitoring the IAP Mesh links

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Monitoring the IAP Mesh links

Posted Sep 25, 2015 04:23 AM

Hi!

We´re using IAP275s in a mesh configuration on version 4.2.0.0. Everything seems to be working fine but I lack some kind of good way to monitor the quality of the mesh link in a good way in Airwave. I can log on to the APs themselves and run commands to get a view of the link quality but I would like to present this to the customer in a more user friendly way using Airwave.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Cheers,

Chris

• 2.  RE: Monitoring the IAP Mesh links

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 25, 2015 09:28 AM

TBH I haven't scrutinized a mesh link using IAP within AirWave, but I will be setting this up early next week in prep for some other testing. I have created a calendar event to make sure I look at this and will update this thread once complete. If you don't see anything by mid-week next week, hit me via PM here and see if I forgot or ran over. 

Thanks

• 3.  RE: Monitoring the IAP Mesh links

Posted Sep 25, 2015 09:34 AM

Got ya, will check on this thread next week. Have a nice weekend!

• 4.  RE: Monitoring the IAP Mesh links

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2015 06:22 PM

So I have a 215/205 IAP mesh link and I don't see anything in AirWave identifying the mesh quality natively. You CAN run a command from AirWave to look at the mesh link quality, but it's not presented in the naitve screens. 

I am going to check with PLM as to whether there are any enhancements to this coming.

• 5.  RE: Monitoring the IAP Mesh links

Posted Sep 29, 2015 02:08 AM

Ok, yeah a view where mesh link quality is measured over time is what I would like to be able to correlate that to problems that happened hours or days ago.

Cheers,

Chris

• 6.  RE: Monitoring the IAP Mesh links

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 29, 2015 09:40 AM

I will respond if/when I hear back from PLM on this. If you can log in to support, find the ideas portal, search for 'airwave mesh' and in the Ideas list, there is a "Point to Point wired traffice graph" post there, that I just promoted and commented on. The more these ideas are promoted, the more visible they are to PLM.

Thanks!