Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Moved an iap-105 from one vlan to another

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Moved an iap-105 from one vlan to another

Posted Jun 18, 2014 01:15 PM

Hi Everybody, hope i can explain my situation sufficiently enough,

We have 3 vlans for our location. i took an iap-105 from one vlan, and plugged it into another, and it made a duplicate virtual controller, looking identical to the one already there. It now lists it as down, i was curious if i could go ahead and remove this down device without it affecting the real virtual controller it is identical with. Also, for future reference, how do i go about removing an AP from airwave, and then adding to a different location? after i had moved it, i saw that it had added 2 new devices, from what it used to be, i unplugged it, and wiped it from the command line/console cord, and plugged it in, and it seems to work fine on its vlan, with the other 2 iaps there, but now i have an old virtual controller that i need to remove, and im worried when i delete it, it will delete the real virtual controller still live. Any help on moving IAPs to different vlans will help, thanks guys!

• 2.  RE: Moved an iap-105 from one vlan to another

Posted Jun 23, 2014 02:17 PM

sorry, no direct experience, but cant you find a calm moment and just try it? if it actual deletes the active one you can restore it right?