Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Multi-site deployment with InstantOS and Airwave

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Multi-site deployment with InstantOS and Airwave

Posted Nov 11, 2016 11:11 AM

Hello guys,

Currently, i'm doing a survey on WI-FI controllers. I am fairly new to the concept of AP controller and i am afraid that i could have misunderstood Airwave's purpose.

The thing is that i would like to be able to deploy ,manage and provision APs in multiple offices (70), located all around the globe, and have a unique control panel in my Headquarter.

Cisco has a feature called "Flexconnect" which does the trick. As far as I know if i want a similar feature for aruba products I need to use airwave.

So i'm wondering if I set up an instantOS cluster (composed of 2 or 3 AP315) in each office and then set up the airwave appliance in my headquarter, would i be able to achieve what i want ? Or do i need another device/feature/controller ?

Moreover, is this solution efficient ? Is there any other way to achieve what i want ?

Ps: I don't want to use cloud based controller like Aruba Central.

Xavier

• 2.  RE: Multi-site deployment with InstantOS and Airwave
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 11, 2016 11:14 AM
    The short answer is yes...

You can configure, upgrade, manage and monitor instant clusters across your whole company with Airwave.