Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Multiple IAPs connected, Can I restrict an SSID to a single AP

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Multiple IAPs connected, Can I restrict an SSID to a single AP

Posted Feb 07, 2014 12:07 PM

Hey guys, hope all is well.  Quick one.  I have say 10 IAPs connected together in a building.  I want to create a new ssid and limit the access to a single location in the building.  Say a guest net that is only available in a common area.  Is that possible.  Sounds simple but I cannot find where to restrict the ssid in the setup to the one IAP.  It propogates to all connected IAPs.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Nick

• 2.  RE: Multiple IAPs connected, Can I restrict an SSID to a single AP

Posted Feb 07, 2014 12:24 PM

You can't do this today.  This is an active Feature Request............

About the only way you could do this today is to setup one IAP as a "standalone" AP and run its' own config.

• 3.  RE: Multiple IAPs connected, Can I restrict an SSID to a single AP

Posted Feb 07, 2014 04:20 PM

Hopes this comes to be an added feature b/c we've had many clients ask about this ability. Often times like the OP has said customers have requested to only broadcast the SSID in a small office lobby where they service guests. 

• 4.  RE: Multiple IAPs connected, Can I restrict an SSID to a single AP

Posted Feb 07, 2014 04:35 PM
    Hi, this feature is expected to be in the upcoming 4.1 release.

Sent from my iPhone

• 5.  RE: Multiple IAPs connected, Can I restrict an SSID to a single AP

Posted Feb 08, 2014 05:23 AM

As of now what we did is to put the APs in different VC else other methods will be using a physical controller and put the APs in different AP Groups.