Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Multiple syslog servers for IAP?

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Multiple syslog servers for IAP?

Posted Feb 23, 2016 06:01 PM

How can I enter multiple syslog destination servers for the IAP 225? I'm currently sending syslog to Palo Alto firewall for authorization but also need syslog to send to our centrallized logging server. How can I add two? Does it support that?

• 2.  RE: Multiple syslog servers for IAP?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 23, 2016 06:43 PM

You can only configure a single syslog server.  If you feel that another syslog server needs to be added, please submit that request at the Ideas Portal here:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/cp/ideas/ideaList.apexp

• 3.  RE: Multiple syslog servers for IAP?

Posted Feb 23, 2016 06:44 PM
    Why don't you point the instant using the Palo Alto network integration
    http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_40_Mobile/Advanced/Content/UG_files/RTLS_conf/panFirewallInt.htm

And point the syslog to your main syslog server

Sent from Outlook for iPhone

• 4.  RE: Multiple syslog servers for IAP?

Posted Feb 24, 2016 10:59 AM

Victor, great idea however the Palo Alto integration (which we're using as well) seems to be causing usernames (userids) to be the mac address when I show user ip mapping in the palo. It's pretty consistent in fact and when I compare to syslog user id mapping it's perfect.

Can't see *any* option to mod that on either side in fact using the palo integration feature. 

• 5.  RE: Multiple syslog servers for IAP?

Posted Feb 25, 2016 05:35 PM

Anyone know why Palo Alto integration sometimes uses MAC address as username?

• 6.  RE: Multiple syslog servers for IAP?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 25, 2016 05:38 PM
    Does the user-table show the MAC as the username?

• 7.  RE: Multiple syslog servers for IAP?

Posted Feb 25, 2016 08:09 PM
    Yes usertable on palo shows 80% of pan integration xmlapi username table are mac addressess and the rest proper usernames. When i switch to syslog integration its all proper usernames no mac addresses. This btw is iap pan integration - no clearpass.

• 8.  RE: Multiple syslog servers for IAP?

Posted Mar 02, 2016 08:12 AM
    Any thoughts?