Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
New Contributor

Netflix + iOS streaming to Chromecast on Aruba Instant Network (IAP-225) - Not Working

Looking for some support here after finding no success in my searches. I have a flat network and am unable to stream content from Netflix on iOS to a Chromecast. 

All AirGroup services are enabled, Broadcast Filtering is disabled on the SSID, and I've followed this support document: 

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Security/why-will-chromecast-work-with-everything-but-from-an-IOS-device/td-p/249359/page/2

However, when using that support document I was unable to add (due to syntax) the following lines:

_sub._googlecast._tcp

_ca5e8412._sub._googlecast._tcp

It would be great to get some support on this. Thanks!Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 5.05.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-15 at 5.05.17 PM.png

Guru Elite

Re: Netflix + iOS streaming to Chromecast on Aruba Instant Network (IAP-225) - Not Working

Try disabling bonjour and dlna.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
New Contributor

Re: Netflix + iOS streaming to Chromecast on Aruba Instant Network (IAP-225) - Not Working

That seemed to do the trick! Thanks.

See the attached screenshot for anyone looking for more info.

Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 3.13.07 PM.png

New Contributor

Hello,

It appears that I'm running into the same issue.  I'll try to explain things in detail so that there is no confusion.

Basic Info:

BasicInfo.PNG

My WLAN Settings:

WLANSettings.PNG

Services:

Services.PNG

Everything appears to be identical to those from sevenseventyeight.  I have read some additonal articles that referred to running a 'show airgroup blocked-services id' command, but when I run it, I get a parse error.

ShowAirgroup.PNG

I also read in a Google help article that talks about disabling Client Isolation (https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3213084?hl=en) , but I'm not sure where I do that.

Since this is a very basic home configuration, I have supplied the overall config file.

I hope I have provided enough information.  I look forward to a response.

Chris

Guru Elite

New Contributor

Very helpful info, just did what it is mentioned and chromecast was discovered on serveral apps that chromecast can cast, thanks for the help!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: