Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

New IAP-205H doesn't join VC

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  New IAP-205H doesn't join VC

Posted Apr 10, 2016 11:36 PM

Brand-new out of the box IAP 205H trying to join to an existing VC cluster on firmware 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11_52666.  Doesn't join, E0 port stays solid Amber.  When I unplug E0 and reboot, the 205 doesn't even broadcast the default Instant provisioning SSID.

• 2.  RE: New IAP-205H doesn't join VC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2016 01:06 AM
    Did you try factory reset?

• 3.  RE: New IAP-205H doesn't join VC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2016 01:06 AM
    With no uplink there will normally be no instant ssid, it will be disabled to my knowledge

• 4.  RE: New IAP-205H doesn't join VC

Posted Apr 11, 2016 01:42 PM

rule 1

205H support is 4.2 onwards

rule 2

all IAPs in a cluster must run the same software.

If DNS server is configured and able to resolve device.arubanetworks.com and reach it. Also pool.ntp.org is reachable, then the IAP running X code, trying to join and existing cluster running code Y, should upgrade itself toY to join the cluster, by downloading the code from aruba website over internet.

If you can get the above accomplished. then put the IAP 205H in a separate VLAN, to have it in a separate cluster, then upgrade it the software existing cluster is running. However in your case the cluster itself has to be upgraded. I suggest upgrade it to 4.2.3 and then try to get 205H joined.