Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

New access point in IAP-93 network

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  New access point in IAP-93 network

Posted Aug 12, 2016 09:40 AM

I've been looking after an environment that has 8 IAP-93 access points.

Luckily due to the building we are in we won't grow out of the limit of 16 AP's, but recently one AP has died and no longer powers up.

As these are no longer sold anywhere, we're looking into a newer AP to replace our faulty one - can somebody suggest what models are compatible?

I know you lose some features when you mix older AP's with newer ones, but these arent used for much other than basic internet access so not to worried about that.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: New access point in IAP-93 network

EMPLOYEE

• 3.  RE: New access point in IAP-93 network

Posted Aug 12, 2016 09:50 AM

http://www.arubanetworks.com/en-gb/support-services/end-of-life/

I'm aware they are end of sale, but still in support until November 2019 so not really in a position to replace them all yet as we've not budgeted for this.

• 4.  RE: New access point in IAP-93 network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 12, 2016 09:53 AM

I'm sorry, what are you asking for, then?

• 5.  RE: New access point in IAP-93 network

Posted Aug 12, 2016 09:56 AM

I'm asking if I buy another model, eg IAP-205, IAP-215 or IAP-225 will I be able to get this into the existing cluster of IAP-93's I've got?

• 6.  RE: New access point in IAP-93 network
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 12, 2016 09:58 AM

Yes, you will.  The cluster size will be limited to 16, like you mentioned, however...

• 7.  RE: New access point in IAP-93 network

Posted Nov 27, 2017 08:47 AM

Hi there,

I'm in a similar position, I've inherited 7 IAP 105's and woild like to know if IAP 305's would be compatible with them? Thanks.