Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

No Instant clients in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  No Instant clients in Airwave

Posted Mar 17, 2017 09:56 AM

Hi, I'm deploynig AirWave 8.2.3.1 as monitoring system for two vendor wifi deployment. I've connected Juniper WLC controllers with about 500 of AP's (read-only mode) and is't woring fine. Now I'm connecting IAP's 103 and I'm able to manage it, but I do not see IAP client's in AirWave - IAP and VC always shows 0 clients. Any help where to start debuging?

Regards

• 2.  RE: No Instant clients in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2017 10:08 AM

What method did you use to join the APs to Airwave?

• 3.  RE: No Instant clients in Airwave

Posted Mar 17, 2017 10:09 AM

Aruba Activate provisioning rule. Then I'm moving the AP to different folder manually to distinguish VC and IAP itself. But the issue is also for manual AW provisioning.

• 4.  RE: No Instant clients in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2017 10:15 AM

Are you seeing client information for controller based APs in Airwave?

Does Prefer AMON vs SNMP Polling is enabled in AMP Setup > General page>Additional Service section? If it set to disable can you enable and check the status.

Could you share the APs/Devcies>montior page of the VCs if data still not updating after enabling setting.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post address your query, give kudos:)

• 5.  RE: No Instant clients in Airwave

Posted Mar 20, 2017 06:07 AM

I've enabled Prefer AMON, but it's still not collecting clients stats. Does Instant support AMON anyway?

I've added fesh IAP just for test, and behaviour is the same - does not show iap clients. Clients are reported from Juniper WLC.

Regards

• 6.  RE: No Instant clients in Airwave

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 20, 2017 06:19 AM

Sorry! Ignore this :) Was already asked..

• 7.  RE: No Instant clients in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2017 06:46 AM

We need to check swarm debug or IGC logs in Airwave to debug the issue.

If you are OK, try restart all the Airwave services once and check the status.

Command to restart services

#rd

Airwave will take couple of mintues for all services to comeup during that time, GUI is not accessible.

If issue still persist after restarting the serivces, please open TAC ticket.

Regards,

Pavan