Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

No device (smartphone, PC) can find wireless Brother printer

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  No device (smartphone, PC) can find wireless Brother printer

Posted Mar 18, 2020 03:54 PM

I have DCP-T710W Brother printer connected to my aruba instant wifi. Works fine (scan, print) except one thing - PC or smartphone application is not able to find the printer. Discussed with nice Brother support but no problem of Brother HW and its SW config found.

The PC/smartphone apps has possibility to override search by manul IP input - then printer is found.

I wonder where mistake is - some multicast settings? I checked settings, tried to enable what I supposed to help it but nothing happened.......

Aruba instant version 6.5.4.

• 2.  RE: No device (smartphone, PC) can find wireless Brother printer
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 18, 2020 04:07 PM

ON the SSID configuration, make sure broadcast filtering is set to "none"

• 3.  RE: No device (smartphone, PC) can find wireless Brother printer

Posted Mar 19, 2020 02:15 AM

sorry I tried to check whole configuration twice but I did not find any setting for "SSID broadcast filtering"

• 4.  RE: No device (smartphone, PC) can find wireless Brother printer

Posted Mar 19, 2020 03:20 AM

Hi, 

I think you are looking at CLI. As per Colin's recommendation, log in to GUI, edit the SSID, and there you will find broadcast filtering. (if you are still not able to find, you may Ctrl+F and search for it). It will have certain options in drop down, select None.

• 5.  RE: No device (smartphone, PC) can find wireless Brother printer

Posted Mar 20, 2020 10:47 AM

Sorry to all. Found finally, re-set and everything goes OK now. Thanks a lot!