Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

OID to monitor connected users to an AP through SNMP

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  OID to monitor connected users to an AP through SNMP

Posted Jul 25, 2014 08:07 AM

Hello.

I'm monitoring some Aruba's AP within a virtual controller setup and i'm finding it difficult to gather connected user's information from every single AP. I've managed to count the connected users from every AP by summing this OID (through snmpwalk): SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.14823.2.3.3.1.2.4.1.3

snmpwalk -v2c -c SNMP $HOSTADDRESS SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.14823.2.3.3.1.2.4.1.3 | wc -l

But, when i do the same on the AP that's also the virtual controller i can only get the total number of connected users (including all other APs).

Is there an specific OID to gather the connected user's information of each AP or any other way i can achieve it?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: OID to monitor connected users to an AP through SNMP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 25, 2014 08:17 AM

• 3.  RE: OID to monitor connected users to an AP through SNMP

Posted Jul 25, 2014 10:13 AM

Yes sir. Doesn't help much, can't see any OID to do that.

• 4.  RE: OID to monitor connected users to an AP through SNMP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 25, 2014 11:10 AM

If you have not already, why don't you try polling the table, instead:

table.png

• 5.  RE: OID to monitor connected users to an AP through SNMP

Posted Jul 25, 2014 12:49 PM

Already did that, as it shows in the image it gives me MAC, IP address, etc... but when i poll the AP that is also the Virtual Controller i can't get the info only for the AP itself but from the entire "domain".

• 6.  RE: OID to monitor connected users to an AP through SNMP

Posted Jul 28, 2014 01:04 PM

Any idea?

• 7.  RE: OID to monitor connected users to an AP through SNMP

Posted Nov 13, 2016 11:08 PM

Anyone? I'm having this problem too. I need to monitor how many users are connected to the IAP environment, but I can't. I searched through the MIB files but there is nothing that can help me.

• 8.  RE: OID to monitor connected users to an AP through SNMP

Posted Nov 15, 2016 03:12 AM

Hi

I cannot test this but have you tested or tried to SNMPwalk IP address of AP that has a role of VC/Master? As by design each AP should have theire own IP and another overall IP address on VC/Master. So the VC/Master should have two IP addresses.

• 9.  RE: OID to monitor connected users to an AP through SNMP

Posted Nov 16, 2016 09:31 PM

Yep, i've already done this. No lucky.

The Aruba Support sended to me the IAP Reference MIB Guide, and there isn't a OID what show this information.

• 10.  RE: OID to monitor connected users to an AP through SNMP

Posted Jun 29, 2017 04:06 PM

Someone? I'm having the same problem, and can not download the MIB to query the users?