Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

On an IAP-275, which ethernet port (WAN or LAN) do I connect to my switch to use POE for power?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  On an IAP-275, which ethernet port (WAN or LAN) do I connect to my switch to use POE for power?

Posted Aug 08, 2014 05:42 PM

I have not yet deployed an IAP-275, but we are installing one for a customer.  In the installation guide, it states that "The WAN port supports 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE), accepting 48 VDC (nominal) as a standard defined Powered Device (PD) from a Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) such as a PoE midspan injector."  Does this mean that ONLY the WAN port will accept POE+ and, therefore, I should plug the ethernet cable from my switch into the WAN port instead of the LAN port?

• 2.  RE: On an IAP-275, which ethernet port (WAN or LAN) do I connect to my switch to use POE for power?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2014 05:43 PM
    Eth0

• 3.  RE: On an IAP-275, which ethernet port (WAN or LAN) do I connect to my switch to use POE for power?

Posted Aug 08, 2014 05:50 PM
    Thanks for the speedy response. Is Eth0 labeled as such on the IAP-275? Our installers are currently mounting the hardware, so I don't physically have it to look at.

• 4.  RE: On an IAP-275, which ethernet port (WAN or LAN) do I connect to my switch to use POE for power?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 08, 2014 06:24 PM

Here's a photo of the one on my lab-bench right now:

iAP275-photo.JPG

• 5.  RE: On an IAP-275, which ethernet port (WAN or LAN) do I connect to my switch to use POE for power?

Posted Aug 08, 2014 06:30 PM
    Outstanding. I could not find a good picture to reference. The installation doc only says "WAN" and "LAN". Many thanks to you and cappalli.

• 6.  RE: On an IAP-275, which ethernet port (WAN or LAN) do I connect to my switch to use POE for power?

Posted Aug 15, 2014 09:08 AM
    Hi Guys Does anyone know where I can get the installation guide for the iAP275? Thanks Mike

• 7.  RE: On an IAP-275, which ethernet port (WAN or LAN) do I connect to my switch to use POE for power?

• 8.  RE: On an IAP-275, which ethernet port (WAN or LAN) do I connect to my switch to use POE for power?

Posted Aug 15, 2014 09:19 AM
    Thanks!

• 9.  RE: On an IAP-275, which ethernet port (WAN or LAN) do I connect to my switch to use POE for power?

Posted Dec 12, 2017 04:10 AM

If I connect WAN port to a switch with PoE,

Can i connect LAN port to any IP Camera (to power up the IP Camera) and transfer data from IP camera passing through 275 to the switch.