Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Password recovery on IAP-207 Cluster

Hi,

I have a cluster of 20 IAP-207s on ver 6.5.3 where the admin password is not working/forgotten.  I've look through Airheads and the most recent post I can find is from Oct 2015 which said there was no password recovery procedure .Has a password recovery procedure been incorporated since?

Cheers,

Aodh.

Guru Elite

Re: Password recovery on IAP-207 Cluster

There is no password recovery procedure.  It has been removed because individual APs, unlike a controller in a datacenter cannot be physically secured.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

Hi CJoseph,

thanks for the reply. does this mean that I will have to go and physically reset all 20 IAPs?

Cheers,

Aodh.

Guru Elite

You should first contact TAC to make sure you have exhausted every option.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
MVP Guru

If the current automatic clustering configuration is not too locked down, it should be enough to power down all APs, reset just one, then bring up the other APs to join the new cluster and get the updated configuration.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Occasional Contributor I

Hi Herman,

thanks for that.  I'll try it and hopefully it will work.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: