Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

PopUP

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  PopUP

Posted Oct 29, 2014 03:05 PM

Hi to all.

My question is We you can enable the Pop-Up after the authenticationif possible could help me with the procedure

Regards..

Thanks

• 2.  RE: PopUP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2014 03:07 PM
    What type of authentication?

What type of popup?

• 3.  RE: PopUP

Posted Oct 29, 2014 03:29 PM

I have a captive portal running ClearPass with any type of popup.

Regards

• 4.  RE: PopUP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2014 03:32 PM
    What are you trying to pop up?

• 5.  RE: PopUP

Posted Oct 29, 2014 03:52 PM

I want to do is see if it is possible that when users authenticate to the network aparesca them a message if you have problems with the service or can not authenticate mark a number that I want to know if I set my ClearPass.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

• 6.  RE: PopUP

Posted Oct 29, 2014 04:05 PM

I could set from my controller or the ClearPass ???

Thank you for your help

• 7.  RE: PopUP

Posted Oct 29, 2014 04:15 PM

Do you want to display a message or notification (with a phone number) at the login page?

If you are using ClearPass Guest you should configure this on the weblogin. The login page can be customized to accommodate this.

• 8.  RE: PopUP

Posted Oct 29, 2014 05:53 PM

I want to display a message with an email address, if you can not access the wireless network send an email to an area responsible for network support. is possible??

Thanks

• 9.  RE: PopUP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2014 06:05 PM

If this is post authentication, then they've already connected to the network.

The problem with post auth "splash pages" is that you have to create a separate role and trigger the user to change roles after they are done with the page.

• 10.  RE: PopUP

Posted Oct 30, 2014 04:51 AM

However, if its pre-login, its easy to add this in the weblogin page. Just edit the weblogin in ClearPass and add custom text/HTML.

• 11.  RE: PopUP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2014 10:51 PM

@Hugos wrote:

I want to do is see if it is possible that when users authenticate to the network aparesca them a message if you have problems with the service or can not authenticate mark a number that I want to know if I set my ClearPass.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

In the Captive Portal authentication profile on the controller you would set the welcome page:  If your page is on the controller, just point to that.  If it is hosted in ClearPass, just put that in the welcome page parameter.

welcome.png

This is equivalent to the page you get after you login successfully at a hotel.

• 12.  RE: PopUP

Posted Dec 04, 2015 08:15 AM

Hi Colin,

Let me hijack this thread. I know you can popup a logout window if you use Controller's internal Captive Portal.

My question: I'm using CPPM as external Captive Portal, how do I popup a logout window from CPPM? If I have to customize this popup windows, what example code I can use. Say 'post securelogin.arubanetworks.com cmd=logout'?

Regards,

Peiyong

• 13.  RE: PopUP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2015 08:21 AM

Please see here and search for "logout" http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Captive_Portal/Internal_Captive_Portal.htm

The big problem is that most modern browsers block popups by default, so many users will not see it.

• 14.  RE: PopUP

Posted Dec 04, 2015 08:36 AM

Thanks Colin. This is useful. I will have a try.

Regards,

Peiyong

• 15.  RE: PopUP

Posted Oct 29, 2014 03:26 PM

ArubaInstant or ArubaOS (controller-based?). ClearPass Guest is used?