Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with a IAP 315 RW - With POE lights off, with external DC power red ligth blink

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Problem with a IAP 315 RW - With POE lights off, with external DC power red ligth blink

Posted Jul 10, 2017 05:51 AM

Hello to all,

I have a problem. The IAP 315 Wifi don't boot. If I connect with ethernet POE lights are off (in the same wire i can to connect another iap 315 and works fine) if I connect external power DC adapter (original) a red led blink on device.

I cant to access for admin it.

There are a mode for recovery or i need open a RMA?

Thanks a lot,

Enrique.

• 2.  RE: Problem with a IAP 315 RW - With POE lights off, with external DC power red ligth blink

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 06:00 AM

Hey, if this is the POWER LED then there is a system error and you will need to speak to TAC. Do you see any console output when you attach a console cable?315-system-led.jpg

• 3.  RE: Problem with a IAP 315 RW - With POE lights off, with external DC power red ligth blink

Posted Jul 10, 2017 06:21 AM
    I connected the DC adapter and ethernet Poe and now is running, but i dont know why.
    I will continued testing.

Thanks,
    Enrique.

• 4.  RE: Problem with a IAP 315 RW - With POE lights off, with external DC power red ligth blink

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 06:52 AM

What model POE adapter are you using?  Does that POE adapter work with anything else?

It should work with and 802.3af or 802.3at poe source, according to the datasheet here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_AP310Series.pdf  Any other POE standard will probably not work.

If you plug in the power adapter, it will override the POE injector.