Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Problems replacing certificate

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Problems replacing certificate

Posted Sep 18, 2018 03:02 PM

I replaced the certificate that was revoked last year and had success but this year (after it expired) I have had the worst time repeating this process. It kept telling me the cert was not the right format.  I finally got it to accept it after comparing the .pem/crt from last year and after it accepted the certificate, I now get this message when trying to get to the management gui...

error.JPG

So obviously something went wrong... and now that I cannot get into the GUI, I am even more lost.  Where should I go from here?  I can log in to command line with putty but I have no idea where to begin there.

• 2.  RE: Problems replacing certificate
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 19, 2018 03:01 AM
    So i assume this is an instant cluster. You can use the clear-cert server command to delete the certificate and get acces to the gui again. You have to put multiple certs in onze file. See this post: https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-Create-a-Certificate-for-Instant-Captive-Portal-using/ta-p/277025

#AirheadsMobile

• 3.  RE: Problems replacing certificate

Posted Sep 19, 2018 09:05 AM

Well I got our cert from digicert so I just went in and clicked "renew certificate" and I made the CSR using a Windows server (I am just learning about OpenSSL).

I dont know how I did this successfully last year.

Anyway, since I already sent in the CSR to digicert and downloaded the cert from them, what do I do from here?

(I went ahead and did step one from the link you sent me... I got this>)

(Forgive my OpenSSL newb-ness)

Capture.JPG

• 4.  RE: Problems replacing certificate

Posted Sep 19, 2018 09:50 AM

You need edit the cert in a notepad and chain it like this :
    -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    (Your Primary SSL certificate: your_domain_name.crt)
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----
    (Your Intermediate certificate: DigiCertCA.crt)
    (Your Root certificate: TrustedRoot.crt)
    -----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----
    (Your PRIVATE KEY: PrivateKey.pkey)
    -----END PRIVATE KEY -----
    Save it as .pem and then convert to .pfx and then use the OpenSSL command to convert cert from .pem to .pxf

from here : https://www.sslsupportdesk.com/openssl-commands/ 

And then import it into the controller 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 5.  RE: Problems replacing certificate

Posted Sep 19, 2018 10:23 AM

Okay so I opened CMD as an admin then went to openssl and this problem went away (the open ssl config errors.)

• 6.  RE: Problems replacing certificate

Posted Sep 20, 2018 11:43 AM

Okay once I got openssl working I re-submitted the CSR and had my cert re-issued and all is working. Thank you for the help!

• 7.  RE: Problems replacing certificate

Posted Sep 19, 2018 03:01 AM

Sorry doublepost. t

#AirheadsMobile