Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Query to find meaning of mgmt-frame debug message "Denied"

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Query to find meaning of mgmt-frame debug message "Denied"

Posted Apr 26, 2016 06:04 PM

After sending disconnect / deauthentication command to station - the following "misc" messages appear when when viewing "show ap remote debug mgmt-frames ap-name AP105" - and I am looking for any addtional documentation that may explain their meaning.

# 1 - disconnect sent via controller web page - client monitoring tab

Timestamp        stype       SA                 DA                 BSS                signal  Misc
    ---------        -----       --                 --                 ---                ------  ----

Apr 25 11:17:15  deauth      d8:c7:c8:c4:fd:3f  00:27:24:e2:37:48  d8:c7:c8:c4:fd:3f  15      Denied; User action (seq num 0)  -

(NOTE: after the disconnect command was sent the station appears to leave network, why does message state "Denied"?)

# 2 - station blacklisted via controller
    Timestamp        stype       SA                 DA                 BSS                signal  Misc
    ---------        -----       --                 --                 ---                ------  ----
    Apr 25 10:35:21  deauth      d8:c7:c8:c4:fd:3f  00:27:24:e2:37:48  d8:c7:c8:c4:fd:3f  15      Denied; STA Blacklisted (seq num 1153)

(NOTE: device was blacklisted - just unlcear why misc. message shows "Denied")

Are there any Aruba documents that dive a little deeper into the meaning of these message strings?

• 2.  RE: Query to find meaning of mgmt-frame debug message "Denied"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 27, 2016 12:28 AM
    Since you blacklisted the client, it is being denied association. 

• 3.  RE: Query to find meaning of mgmt-frame debug message "Denied"

Posted May 04, 2016 11:13 AM

Thanks - I think I understand the blacklisted denied message - but still unclear why I would get the "Denied; User action (seq num 0)"  message when I just disconnect the station.

The station leaves the network and reconnects - as expected.

Does Aruba provide any documentation that provides a more detailed explanation about the possible "Miscellaneous" messages posted when using CLI commands - like "show ap remote debug mgmt-frames" - 

Regards -