Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Question on enet-vlan and native-vlan.

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Question on enet-vlan and native-vlan.

Posted Oct 24, 2016 06:37 PM

My setup.

11.png

Since, my IAPs are connected to trunk port, which has the native-vlan as 11. I have configured the enet-vlan as 11. 

How to configure enet-vlan(from GUI)?

Should i configure the native-vlan as 11(uplink management vlan)? for each of the IAP(portal and point)?

22.PNG

• 2.  RE: Question on enet-vlan and native-vlan.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 26, 2016 03:48 AM

If VLAN 11 is provided as the native VLAN on all Instant AP's, you should NOT configure Uplink Management VLAN. Leave that empty.

If you want to put clients in that VLAN (NOT RECOMMENDED, split IAP management from client traffic whenever possible), configure them on the SSID to Client VLAN Assignment: Default. Which will drop the clients in the default VLAN.

VLAN 11 is handled as the native VLAN in the Instant APs.

The Uplink Management VLAN option is only needed if you require the management VLAN to be a tagged VLAN; and I would recommend not going that direction as the Instant APs indeed need to be configured manually for that.

Your design looks good with untagged 11 as management and tagged VLANs for client traffic. Just don't configure the Uplink Management VLAN.

• 3.  RE: Question on enet-vlan and native-vlan.

Posted Oct 28, 2016 05:38 PM

cool, thank you for the comments. 

enet-vlan should be whatever the untagged vlan, on which the AP is connected. 

if i have the uplink-vlan for the IAP as a tagged vlan(for example 11), my enet-vlan configuration will be as 11, correct?

• 4.  RE: Question on enet-vlan and native-vlan.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 31, 2016 05:04 AM

That understanding is correct, while I would recommend against such a solution unless there are important reasons to implement it like that.