Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget

Questions about PEF, 802.1x and IAP on MM solution

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Questions about PEF, 802.1x and IAP on MM solution

Posted Mar 28, 2019 10:18 AM

Feel a bit confused over the following concepts, expecting clarification from Gurus here.

1. PEF licenses have been installed in the global pool of a MM solution. When trying to configure roles and policies, an error indicates that PEF licenses must be installed. How to correct this issue?

a. Ensure the PEF licenses were installed at the Managed Network and not at the MM level.

b. Enalbe the PEF feature in the Global Usage window

c. Activate the PEF licenses through an Aruba Activate account.

I think a is correct, but from what I have seen on MM, all licenses are displayed at MM > system>licensing level, how come it can be installed at Managed Network level?

2. What is one difference between captive portal auth and 802.1x auth?

a. 802.1x auth always authenticates the wireless client, while caoptive protal auth always authenticates the wireless user

b. 802.1x auth occurs at Layer 2 while captive portal auth occurs at Layer 3

I think a and b are both correct...

3. A company deploy IAPs. The company has grown to deploy several MCs and convert to a controller architecture that still uses the same APs. How to achieve this goal?

a. Manage both the MCs and IAP clusters with ARUBA Central

b. Configure the IAPs to establish CPSec tunnels to the new MCs

c. Manage both the MCs and IAP clusters with a MM

d. Convert the IAPs to Campus APs controlled by the new MCs.

Just twisted over b and d

4. When deploying 802.1x with an external radius server in MM solution, which device will forward auth reqeust to external radius server?

a. MC

b. MM

My gut feeling is MC, but not for sure.