Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-3WN looks dead :(

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP-3WN looks dead :(

Posted Sep 01, 2014 05:33 AM

Hi all!

Help, please help me!(c) :)

The customer bought 2 RAP-3WN, decided to install it on himself. Something went wrong. 

Now one of RAPs is OK, another one is looks dead.

After power on it blinks power led once - red light - then all leds are off. Nothing happens, it looks like a dead... 

Tried to hold reset button while power on - the led shines red color a bit longer than without reset button - then everything is dead(

Tried to use another power source - from another RAP-2WN box - that took no effect.

The strange thing is when this dead RAP is connected to switch, the link indicator on the switch is green and blinking sometimes, like the port is alive. Once this RAP was seen in the Instant GUI of another RAP - i could see it's MAC as a second AP in a cluster. Tried to disable/enable LEDs - the OK RAP is reacts, the dead one - no.

After reset, the dead one is lost in the Instant GUI - an error is present, that the AP is down..

What could be the problem? Is it posssible to fix it?

No specific console cable for RAP-3 is present, is it possible to use standard console cable, RS232-RJ45?

Like this: http://cdn.instructables.com/FO1/T7AW/G8B8THNN/FO1T7AWG8B8THNN.MEDIUM.jpg

• 2.  RE: RAP-3WN looks dead :(

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 01, 2014 09:54 AM

You need a special console cable. I would open a TAC case and initiate an RMA.