Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-3WN power supply

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  RAP-3WN power supply

Posted Sep 24, 2016 04:33 PM
    Is the power supply that ships with the RAP-3WN a universal power supply (with the bag of snap-on power connector adapters) or is it the same power supply as the 3WNP (requires a localized power cable)?

• 2.  RE: RAP-3WN power supply

• 3.  RE: RAP-3WN power supply

Posted Jul 10, 2017 04:20 PM

Colin, can you please confirm the EOL status of the RAP-3?  It's still on the May 17 price list and I know someone who wants to buy 3WNPs.  

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: RAP-3WN power supply

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 07:32 PM

RAP-3 is NOT end-of-sale.

• 5.  RE: RAP-3WN power supply

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 10:11 PM

@pvaudo wrote:

Colin, can you please confirm the EOL status of the RAP-3?  It's still on the May 17 price list and I know someone who wants to buy 3WNPs.  

Thanks!

It is not.  I made an error.  Sorry.

• 6.  RE: RAP-3WN power supply

Posted Jul 11, 2017 10:03 AM

No problem, I've done worse!   Thanks again.

• 7.  RE: RAP-3WN power supply

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2016 03:28 AM

From the hardware install guide at https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/8442/Default.aspx

2016-09-26 09_22_53-Aruba RAP-3WN IG Rev 04.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png

So only the RAP-3WNP requires a separate country specific power cord.

From my memory, but I don't have a box laying around to check, the 12V power adapter for the RAP-3WN is indeed the block that you put in your power outlet and it comes with some clip-on adapters to fit the local power sockets physically. And the 'standard' AP-AC-UN will fit the RAP-3WN if you need a replacement.