Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

[RAP109] Windows filesharing not working

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  [RAP109] Windows filesharing not working

Posted Oct 23, 2014 07:21 PM
      |   view attached

Windows filesharing isn't working on the RAP109s after the upgrade. I have windows 8, windows server 2012, windows 7 and windows vista operating systems in use here and windows filesharing isn't working on any clients connected to the rap109s.

They have full signal and no firewall settings are activated for the SSID to block windows file sharing.

I have to connect them to another access point in order for windows filesharing to work.

I've rebooted computers, restarted the network services in windows, I've redone wireless profiles, I've unshared and re-shared directories, I've disabled the homegroup services, I've disabled all "windows media network sharing" services that some people told me to disable, and I've tried new cables and rebooting access points.

I also looked on the IDS page and it has the following but I can't tell it to make the APs I want as authorized or whatever I can't tell them that they aren't "rogue" APs

• 2.  RE: [RAP109] Windows filesharing not working

Posted Oct 24, 2014 12:18 AM
    Do you have deny inter user bridging on? That would stop sharing between 2 wireless clients. Wouldn't explain a wired server in the data center through.

• 3.  RE: [RAP109] Windows filesharing not working

Posted Oct 24, 2014 11:09 AM
      |   view attached

Both are disabled. deny is set to off

• 4.  RE: [RAP109] Windows filesharing not working

Posted Oct 24, 2014 01:11 PM
    Can you take a look at the show datapath session and if there's anything getting blocked

• 5.  RE: [RAP109] Windows filesharing not working

Posted Oct 24, 2014 01:43 PM

what's the command and what do I need to specifically look for? since it might fly by quick

• 6.  RE: [RAP109] Windows filesharing not working

Posted Oct 24, 2014 02:16 PM
    Show datapath session table <client IP address>

• 7.  RE: [RAP109] Windows filesharing not working

Posted Oct 24, 2014 02:49 PM

I get prse errors. I'm in the instant firmware and not on a controller.

I have both the <> and without and I get parse errors

• 8.  RE: [RAP109] Windows filesharing not working

Posted Oct 24, 2014 02:55 PM
      |   view attached

However I did it without the IP address and I attatched a screen shot: