Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP3 configuration issues with Huawei E122 USB.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP3 configuration issues with Huawei E122 USB.

Posted Apr 26, 2014 02:20 PM

I'm trying to configure a RAP3 using a Huawei E122 USB dongle provided by Three (ISP) in Ireland.

I managed to find the configuration guide but it requires me to enter a number of parameters that I do not have access to.

First of all neither Ireland or Three is available in the dropdown menu as country or ISP.

Additionally I don't have such details as the TTY-port, modem initialisation parameter etc.

I'm wondering if these are actually all required as the dongle is pretty much plug 'n play with other devices.

Can anyone shed some light on this? 

• 2.  RE: RAP3 configuration issues with Huawei E122 USB.

Posted Apr 26, 2014 04:36 PM

Hi, 

This modem should work however you have to google all needed parameters. You can check them as well with any modern Linux desktop distri as well. Try with kali linux for example. In the logs you should see modswitch, usb dev, driver and tty device.

HTH,

• 3.  RE: RAP3 configuration issues with Huawei E122 USB.

Posted Apr 26, 2014 05:04 PM

Thanks for the reply.

So these paramaters are specific to the hardware and not to the ISP I'm using?

• 4.  RE: RAP3 configuration issues with Huawei E122 USB.

Posted Apr 26, 2014 06:13 PM

Definitely they are. 

• 5.  RE: RAP3 configuration issues with Huawei E122 USB.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 26, 2014 06:19 PM

EvertBopp,

Did you see the article here?  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/What-are-the-supported-4G-USB-modems-and-how-do-I-configure-them-as-uplink-in-Aruba-Instant

It might not be necessary to enter ALL the options if some can be autodetected.  Would you like to post your screenshot of 3g/4g status from the IAP if available?