Controllerless Networks

Radius Proxy

dear all,

i found in Instant AP the item , Radius proxy, i have enderstand that is used  to proxy from different AP, so that  they will be sent  from the Virtual controlleur (with the cluster Address)

i have two question:

1. is it true ?!
  2. is it the best practice to use this method instead of the standard method  (configure each AP as a radius client ?:

Regards

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACCP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
Guru Elite

Re: Radius Proxy

Dynamic Radius Proxy is a best practice. Some radius servers have a limit to the number of radius clients that can be configured. Having Dynamic radius proxy reduces administration.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Guru Elite

Correct. It prevents you from having to add each AP as a RADIUS client.

Thanks,
Tim

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

thank's for the help.

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACCP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
Contributor I

Hello
1. it is true, all Radius requests were sent by the virtual controller address
2. it is a question of the configuration overhead (AP and Radius Server) and the functional safety with regard to bugs or something

I would use the Radius Proxy to avoid configuration mistakes and a single point of configuration

Regards
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: