Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Radius Server Status inconsistant across Access Points IAP315

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Radius Server Status inconsistant across Access Points IAP315

Posted Oct 24, 2019 04:52 AM

Hi,

I recently replaced an access point IAP315 as one of our units was not responding and not contactable. After connecting the new unit another IAP315 we appeared to have user authentication errors, or difficulties with users connecting to the Wireless network.

Investigating I ran show radius status and found that the IAP's showed different IP addresses for the same RADIUS server.

The downstairs IAP, one of the originals shows the RADIUS server address correctly as 172.20.40.11, however the upstairs IAP shows the address to be 172.20.41.3 which is the actual address of the downstairs IAP. This is not making sense to me. Clients are connecting to the downstairs IAP without issue on the usual WPA-2 Enterprise security. Clients also connect to the upstairs IAP but using WPA personal or on the guest network. I cant seem to get the Upstairs IAP to show that its RADIUS server is 172.20.40.11.

ANy help greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Radius Server Status inconsistant across Access Points IAP315

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 24, 2019 07:59 AM

Are the IAPs running the same firmware and have joined a cluster? It sounds like the configurations are out of sync as the IAPs are probably not part of the same (L2 broadcast domain) cluster.

• 3.  RE: Radius Server Status inconsistant across Access Points IAP315

Posted Oct 24, 2019 05:27 PM

HI, Yes the IAPs are both running 6.5.2.0 firmware. They are in the same cluster Tech Support dump shows both have all same Profiles.

Thanks