Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Recommend me QoS Setting for Point-to-Point(Mesh/Portal) with IAP-277

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Recommend me QoS Setting for Point-to-Point(Mesh/Portal) with IAP-277

Posted Jun 16, 2016 06:10 PM

Dear All,

I have been tested a LAB with IAP-277 for my future project. Topology is Point-to-Point Mesh/Portal link like below.

P2P Testing Topology.jpg 

Majority of traffic, no all of traffic are unicasting video and multicasting streaming video from AXIS CCTV cameras.

Finally I am considering about performanc improvement for the unicasting and multicasting streaming video over Point-to-Point link.

Options of "Multicasting transmission optimization" and "Dynamic multicast optimization" are not suitable with this point-to-point case.

Please, would you recommand some options or QoS settings to get better quality of video for unicasting and multicasting streaming?

Regards,

Moon-Kee Bahk.

• 2.  RE: Recommend me QoS Setting for Point-to-Point(Mesh/Portal) with IAP-277

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2016 06:36 PM

So mixing mcast and unicast over the mesh link can possibly create some issues with the multicast traffic (hard to know for sure). What are you seeing? Is one better than another or are they both having issues? Regarding mesh and how these devices talk, IAP has very limited controls over how the mesh operates. You can try to do things like tweak the basic and extended rates but there is no QoS on mesh links at all.

When you run an iPerf test over the link, what kind of throughput are you seeing across the link (both TCP and UDP)?

• 3.  RE: Recommend me QoS Setting for Point-to-Point(Mesh/Portal) with IAP-277

Posted Jun 22, 2016 03:12 AM

Dear Jerrod Howard, 

First of all, thanks your help..

[Your Question]

So mixing mcast and unicast over the mesh link can possibly create some issues with the multicast traffic (hard to know for sure). What are you seeing? Is one better than another or are they both having issues?

<My Answer>

Our major traffic is multicast. The unicast traffice is so small. So I didn't see any problem.

Would you tell me some potential problem we will exptected?

[Your Question]

When you run an iPerf test over the link, what kind of throughput are you seeing across the link (both TCP and UDP)?

<My Answer>

I got maximum 500Mbps distance 45m.