Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Renaming or Removing Group in Central

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Renaming or Removing Group in Central

Posted Aug 12, 2014 10:17 PM

Hello All, anyone can advise how to go about renaming or removing a group in central. When I try to deletre the group it say it is a working  group and cannot be deleted. How do I make it a non working group? FYI there are zero APs on the group at this point. 

• 2.  RE: Renaming or Removing Group in Central
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 12, 2014 10:26 PM

Make sure you have a different group selected before you click the “Manage” button.

central-delete.png

• 3.  RE: Renaming or Removing Group in Central

Posted Aug 13, 2014 01:58 AM

Thanks Tim for the tips.

• 4.  RE: Renaming or Removing Group in Central

Posted Jan 08, 2015 10:26 PM

I was getting the same error, so I did this, but now I get the following -

Capture.JPG

The 4 APs that were in this group have been assigned to a different group and unassigned from Cloud management entirely.  How do I delete the group?

• 5.  RE: Renaming or Removing Group in Central

Posted Aug 12, 2014 11:40 PM

In addition to Tim's answer to deleting a group, you cannot rename a group.    You can clone a group with a new name; then move the virtual controller to the new group.

• 6.  RE: Renaming or Removing Group in Central

Posted Aug 13, 2014 02:00 AM

Hi Clembo, thanks but it will be good if we can rename at the same time after we clone if we can change the SSID etc will be a key advantage as of now we have to create almost everything from scratch. But thanks for the infromation.