Controllerless Networks

Frequent Contributor I

Repeated Provision Request from AP's

Morning. I have an issue were some of my AP's are doing random Provision Request Notification. After i updated all of my IAP-205's and IAP 305's with update 6.5.4.12-6.5.4.12_6890, this started happening. Its not all of the AP's doing it, just a few that are having this issue. I get an email every few days saying the the AP's are doing a Provision Request. Any one else seen this issue?

Re: Repeated Provision Request from AP's

These messages are being sent by Activate but only if you have a notification rule configured.

Are you using Activate?

Upon boot the IAP contacts Activate to check for provisioning rules.

Frequent Contributor I

Yes they are using activate. But that doesnt make sense. i have 206 APs and only 16 of them are having this issue. For instance i have the following:

Cluster 1 has 46 APs (305s and 205s) but only 6 of the APs are sending these Provision Request emails.

Cluster 2 has 17 APs (305s and 205s) but only 10 of the APs are sending these Provision Request emails.

so out of all 206 APs that are on activate why would only 16 be sending these out after the firmware update?

Highlighted

I can only speculate, either those 16 APs are the only ones actually able to communicate with Activate or there is a rule set up with a condition only affecting those 16 APs.

Frequent Contributor I

but that doesnt make sense. this only started happening after i applied the firmware update above. has never happened on any other update.

One thing i did find interesting is the firmware job page says failed for the clusters that are having the issue. but when i ssh into the AP's they all have the correct firmware, even on Airwave they are reporting the correct firmware. now im curious as to why  3 cluster jobs out of 8 say failed. all the clusters where done indivually. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: