Controllerless Networks

MVP Guru

Re: Role-based access rules not being applied

@Yan Liu wrote:

Hi,

We do support role derivation without using an external RADIUS server, but we can only derive based on inherent attributes such mac address, and not RADIUS attributes such as Aruba-Essid-Name.

Also, could I ask why we are trying to derive based on Arub-Essid-Name?  Because it seems redudant as the default role is already per-SSID.  If the goal is to define a different access policy for each SSID, then just setting the policy in the default role (or just using network-based access control), should be enough.

Role derviation is geared toward giving different roles to different clients even if they are on the same SSID.

Thanks,

Yan

I tried that but it didn't worked, it placed the device on the default role too . I have the latest IAP OS installed

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Aruba Employee

Hi Victor,

Do you mind pasting the output of running configuration from CLI or from UI's support window so we can see the full config?

Thanks,

Yan

New Contributor

Hi,

I change the role-based access rules and the external auth radius servers, but the client are connecting to the old role. We use external guest auth. 

how can I force the client to associate to the new role?

Thanks

Guru Elite

Please open a new thread.  This post is from 4 years ago.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: