Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

SNMP Query and MIBs

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  SNMP Query and MIBs

Posted Apr 13, 2014 11:28 PM

I am using Aruba Instant IAP-105's. We have more then a 1000 of these models deployed in the environment. I have been using ArubaOS Version 6.2.0.0-3.2.0.2 firmware at most locations. The exisiting configuration has 2 SSIDs where one has WPA2 phassphrase and the other has RADIUS with Dynamic radius configured. I have scripts that use 'snmpwalk' to query the virtual controllers at multiple sites for details of attached AP's. I recently tested a newer firmware 6.3.1.1-4.0.0.0_40930 and noticted that the VC does not respond to any queries. The master controller does respond to the snmp query but the master controllers are dynamic.

My script usees VC ip which is set to static on every subnet. 

Is there any way of enabling this.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: SNMP Query and MIBs

Posted Apr 22, 2014 09:08 AM
    Walking the VC will be fixed in an upcoming release 4.1. Please visit http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/SNMPWALKing-the-VC-does-not-always-respond/m-p/91112/highlight/true#M2512

for more information.

The issue is that if you SNMPWALK the VC IP, whoever is acting as VC will reply, not the VC IP.

• 3.  RE: SNMP Query and MIBs

Posted Apr 22, 2014 06:40 PM

Thanks. 

Do you have any infor on the ETA.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: SNMP Query and MIBs

Posted Apr 23, 2014 08:26 AM

Sometime in May