Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

SSID connectivity probem

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  SSID connectivity probem

Posted Feb 24, 2013 05:44 AM

Hi,

After connecting 3G huawei 1731 (Airtel-India) USB modem and configuring it the radio comes up but on trying to connect the same it says 'limited access'  I am using RAP3WN. The version of the software running is 6.2 which I upgraded today.

Please share with me what is the use of wifi section in the uplink tab.

• 2.  RE: SSID connectivity probem

Posted Feb 24, 2013 07:13 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

You are using the RAP unit as IAP unit? Or RAP in front of a controller?

By reading your post i will guess that you are using the RAP3-WN as IAP.(InstantAP=Virtual Controller on the AP unit itself)

I will also guess that you getting DCHP/SUBNET/GW (might be even DNS) but you dont have internet. - CHECK your uplink settings and make sure your choosed 3g - and it's up.

Captureuplink.PNG

so,

If you are trying to get internet access via the 3g USB backual - please read the attached PDF from page 197

uplink23.png

make sure in the info frame box - that you are using the 3g uplink and it's up.

*ALSO MAKE SURE THAT THE USER ROLE U ARE GETTING IN THE SSID YOU CREATED -  ALLOWING INTERNET NEEDED PORTS*

have a lovely weekend.

me

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: SSID connectivity probem

Posted Feb 24, 2013 12:09 PM

Hi,

Your guess is correct, I am using it as an IAP with one Airtel 3G Huawei usb modem as internet connectivity. In the IAP dashboard it shows that the Uplink is '3G/4G but the status is down. I am using the below parameters to configure the modem.

USB Dev---0x12d11506-------i have collected this parameter with the help of USBView application from microsoft. I had connected the modem with my laptop when collecting the info.

USB init---AT+CGDCONT=1,'IP','airtelgprs.com'

USB tty---ttyUSB0

USB dial---ATDT*99#

As per the following URL---http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/interoperability, the modem in question is supported and is semi plug and play meaning i have to select the country code and service provider rest it will take care of its own. This does not work. The radio does not come up.

On feeding the above mentioned values the radio comes up but my laptop does not get an IP from the controller. I had to configure the IP parameter in the PC then it connects to the SSID.

Can you share with me some troubleshooting tips? Is there any way to manually dial the USB modem instead of rebooting the IAP or waiting for a substantial period for the IAP to redial.

I have also upgraded my firmware to 6.2 version. Please share with me the user guide as there is some error while downloading from support.arubanetworkscom

• 4.  RE: SSID connectivity probem

Posted Feb 24, 2013 01:10 PM

hi,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

usb_dial=ATDT*99#
    usb_init=AT+CGDCONT=1,'IP','airtelgprs.com'
    usb_user=username
    usb_passwd=passwd
    usb_dev=0x12d11506
    usb_tty=ttyUSB0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRY THOESE SETTINGS - if it's dosent work - try other tty like ttyUSB4

let me know if it's working for you.

rgrds.

Me

• 5.  RE: SSID connectivity probem

Posted Feb 24, 2013 11:38 PM

It shows 'no device found in /dev/modem' in the output of the show log pppd command. i have checked by chaning to tty USB2,ttyUSB4 .

• 6.  RE: SSID connectivity probem

Posted Feb 25, 2013 01:05 AM

Hi

Ok,lets see  - so leave it with (0) with it it can find you usb stick. (as far i understood from you ;) )

just add the user/passwords lines! as they are. (the user password isn't matters if it's only internet APN)

after you configure it with user/pass -and checking it with those lines also,please  do copy - paste to your 3g config <- copy it to here.

*regardless to your isssue - i hope (like i wrote in my first post) that you configure everything else right - vlans...dhcp..and more*

updae me.

Have a nice Monday.

Me