Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

SSL Warning On Every Web Page

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  SSL Warning On Every Web Page

MVP
    Posted Feb 28, 2014 09:56 AM

Hi All,

I have a customer doing a large scale IAP deployment (Multiple locations, multiple VC's, all managed by AirWave). We are using a config template at every location. We are providing Guest access at some of the locations as well. At one location, after the guest user registers on the captive portal (Email & Accept terms of use) and tries to browse the web, every page they browse to displays the SSL warning. This is only occuring at one location and all other places with Guest are working fine, so I don't believe this is a config issue. When I was on site I tested the Guest network and didn't get any SSL warning on my iPhone.

Any idea's why this might be happening?

Thanks!

IAP version 6.2.1.0-3.3.0

• 2.  RE: SSL Warning On Every Web Page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2014 10:39 AM

Can you advise what the client device is? Is this seen on all devices or specific ones? If a laptop or desktop, can you advise on the flavor of browser that is being used?

To be clear you are using the IAP's internal captive portal or an external captive portal?

Adam

• 3.  RE: SSL Warning On Every Web Page

MVP
    Posted Feb 28, 2014 10:44 AM

Captive Portal is Internal.

it appears to be all devices at that one location. Devices that were used were phones (iPhone & Android) and Laptops. I'm not sure what OS were on laptop, either XP or 7 and browser I'm not sure either. I would assume IE or FireFox.

Sorry for not having more specific information, that's about what I have from the customer.

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: SSL Warning On Every Web Page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2014 11:44 AM

If it was on one device or reported by one client, I'd be more inclined to validate the ios/android build etc and debug from there, but if its across the board for all devices - not likely.

If you are running the same config/template for all sites and this is only realized at one site - I'd suggest opening a TAC case so they can investigate and debug the specific AP that is realizing this. Hopefully the fact that its isolated will yield a quick answer/resolution. Maybe there is an issue with the cert on the IAP.

Give our 24/7 TAC a call but please circle back here with the findings.

Cheers, Adam

• 5.  RE: SSL Warning On Every Web Page

MVP
    Posted Feb 28, 2014 01:15 PM

Ok thanks for the input, I will discuss with customer and post findings if we resolve it.

• 6.  RE: SSL Warning On Every Web Page

MVP
    Posted Mar 05, 2014 02:11 PM

Just an update for the community - due to scheduling and planning of troubleshooting this issue, we have not yet worked with TAC. Our first steps of troubleshooting will be to push the config out from AirWave to the cluster again and test. If this fails, we will try to reboot the cluster and test again.

Hopefully we will come to a solutions, which I will post if we find it.