Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Setting US as country code on IAP 225-RW

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Setting US as country code on IAP 225-RW

Posted Oct 12, 2016 01:45 PM
      |   view attached

I upgraded to latest firmware and then reset IAP-225-RW (rest of the world) and it is prompting me to select country code and US is not on the list... checked many times, nope, not on the list... so is it possible to make this IAP-RW to run with US country code? how do i do this? THis is the only IAP that i will use in small offcie so don't have any other APs or controllers here, any help is appreciated! 

• 2.  RE: Setting US as country code on IAP 225-RW

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2016 01:47 PM
    Unfortunately no. An RW IAP or controller cannot be used in the US.

• 3.  RE: Setting US as country code on IAP 225-RW

Posted Nov 14, 2016 10:26 AM

I have a IAP-224 ROW AP that I am having the same problem also.  I know they work in US because I have 4-5 identical ones deployed across our campus and have been in use for years.  We got shipped the wrong order when they first came out and support just had us convert them to campus-AP's and all has been good.  Until I did a purge_env to reset it and redeploy and it wiped the country code.  I then did a factory reset and converted the AP back to campus-ap, but US is not listed in the country code list so it will not accept the change and leaves me with an "E" flag on the controller.  I also upgraded to latest firmware but US is still not listed.  I've tried setting country code in CLI and also on the GUI.  

Anybody have any different ideas on this?

• 4.  RE: Setting US as country code on IAP 225-RW

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2016 10:40 AM

You need to return that AP if you want to use it in the US regulatory domain.  Converted APs remember their regulatory designation and will refuse to be in the US regulatory domain if their started out life as a ROW AP.

• 5.  RE: Setting US as country code on IAP 225-RW

Posted Nov 14, 2016 10:46 AM

Another part of the order mix up is that they are Dell branded also.  And it's been probably 3-4 years now so returning them is probably not an option now.

We have 4 more of the exact same model deployed without any issues right now.  This one was working also until I did a purge_env to reset it.  So you are saying that we are out of luck with this one?

• 6.  RE: Setting US as country code on IAP 225-RW

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2016 11:49 AM
    Yes.

Row parts cannot be used in the US regulatory domain and vice versa.