Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Take over IAPs

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Take over IAPs

Posted Jan 08, 2016 09:30 AM

A 3rd party is currently managing our wifi. They will no longer be managing the wifi soon, and they are giving us the IAPs devices. We have one IAP at each of our 40 locations. The IAPs are 103 model. The 3rd Party uses a Aruba 6000 controller. For our setup we are going to use Aruba Central. We have got an Aruba Activate account setup and got some IAP devices moved to our Activate account. We created a IAP to Central rule for the devices. But it seems for the devices to recheck with activate server we have to factory reset them. Which we would have to travel to each site, we were trying to avoid that by somehow doing it remotely. 

So my question is I guess there no way around having to visit each location to get them on our Abruba Central portal?

• 2.  RE: Take over IAPs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 08, 2016 09:40 AM
    If they're currently operating as campus APs, yes, they need to be factory reset to switch back to IAPs.

Sent from Nine

• 3.  RE: Take over IAPs

Posted Jan 08, 2016 10:04 AM

I would as your current third party provider if they maybe are running as instant and only doing VPN to the 6000 controller. In that case you should be able to make this happen remotely with their assistance/credentials.

• 4.  RE: Take over IAPs

Posted Jan 08, 2016 10:21 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I asked the 3rd party to see if they could send a command to clear their config, or factory reset. They did not know of a way, only way they knew was physical access via console cable or reset button. They are using them as RAPs. So I guess I will accept we have to visit each location.