Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Time Range Profile Question

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Time Range Profile Question

Posted Apr 19, 2018 12:05 PM

I'm trying to set up an SSID that will be turned off during school hours but will be on before and after school and on weekends. Time Range Profiles look to do exactly what I want, but I'm a little confused about how to set it up.

Is the SSID enabled by default and I only need to create one range for when it should be disabled? Or should there be a range for when it should be disabled and for when it's enabled.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Time Range Profile Question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2018 12:15 PM

Is this instant, or a controller-based deployment?

• 3.  RE: Time Range Profile Question

Posted Apr 19, 2018 12:18 PM

We have Airwave with instant controllers, but haven't found where to set it in Airwave.

• 4.  RE: Time Range Profile Question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2018 01:16 PM

Since it is instant, information on time range is here:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/Time-Range-Profile-on-IAP-from-4-2-1-firmware/ta-p/260889

Are you using Airwave to manage the configuration or you log into the Instant AP to change the configuration?

• 5.  RE: Time Range Profile Question

Posted Apr 19, 2018 01:50 PM

That's the page I've been going off of, I'm just a little unsure of exactly how the ranges work.

For example, I make a range from 7:30AM to 3:00PM. I then go into the SSID settings, select the range and choose Disabled under Status. Does this mean that from 7:30 to 3:00 the SSID will be disabled and any other time it's enabled? And if I were choose Enabled under status it would be enabled during that time period and disabled any other time?

I've been looking at it on the Instant interface because that's what the instructions are in, but I just found where you change it in Airwave, so once I figure out what ranges I should create, I think I can do the actual configuring of it.

• 6.  RE: Time Range Profile Question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2018 02:18 PM

Make the SSID disabled.

Attach the time range.

The SSID will only be enabled during the time range.

**The SSID will only be enabled and disabled at the beginning or the end of the time range, so if you configure the time range in the middle of the range it will not be enabled.  You can reboot the AP for the time range to take immediate effect, however.

• 7.  RE: Time Range Profile Question

Posted Sep 27, 2018 04:43 AM
      |   view attached

Regarding the config of IAP's managned by AirWave. In AirWave do I config the Time Based Services - Time Range Profiles on the 'Main' VC?

E.G. Groups -> Instant Config -> VC List -> Main.

or 

Groups -> Instant Config -> VC List -> 'Actual IAP VC name'.

I have attached an image of what this looks like in AirWave.