Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Timeframe for Instant support in Clarity?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Timeframe for Instant support in Clarity?

Posted Jan 06, 2017 04:49 PM

Do we have a timeframe for when Clarity will have support for Instant Access Points? I feel like I am missing out on an incredible feature because we are a full (1000+) IAP deployment.

• 2.  RE: Timeframe for Instant support in Clarity?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2017 05:35 PM

Support for Clarity Live target is approx March/April of this year (AirWave 8.2.4 and whatever the next major release of IAP software is). You aren't being left out, just a completely different animal to tackle.

• 3.  RE: Timeframe for Instant support in Clarity?

Posted Jan 06, 2017 08:38 PM

Excellent. It's always nice to have a timeframe or at least an idea of when to be excited! I cannot wait to utilize clarity. It looks extremely useful.

Thank you for the information!

• 4.  RE: Timeframe for Instant support in Clarity?

Posted Jan 17, 2017 04:18 PM

Is that an Airwave event or an Instant event? That is will there be an upgrade for Instant required to make it go, or just to Airwave?

(Assuming I'm already above 6.5.0.0 Instant)

• 5.  RE: Timeframe for Instant support in Clarity?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 06:43 PM

If the time frame expected is March/April, then my intuition tells me that this would be announced at the Atmosphere 2017 like many other new features...

:)

• 6.  RE: Timeframe for Instant support in Clarity?

Posted Mar 16, 2017 11:46 AM

I was reading release notes on Airwave 8.2.3.1 and it says under new features it supports instant access points with Clarity Live.  I did the upgrade to Airwave but still no clarity data showing up.   Is there a certain version of Instant I need to have, or is it still not going to work until Airwave version 8.2.4? 

• 7.  RE: Timeframe for Instant support in Clarity?

Posted Mar 16, 2017 11:48 AM

Krabilld,

I am on 8.2.3.1 and Clarity data is being processed for my IAPs. Make sure you have it enabled in the AMP settings and also make sure you have it enabled on the IAP clusters themselves. (Options are in the SERVICES section of the Airwave Instant GUI config)

• 8.  RE: Timeframe for Instant support in Clarity?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 31, 2017 11:25 AM

See this thread for the answer. It's available but on Early Release version of Instant.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/How-do-I-enable-Clarity-using-Instant-Config-via-Airwave/td-p/291355

You need AirWave running 8.2.3.1 and InstanOS minimum version 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.0 (Early Release).

Extract from the latest Release Note:

Clarity Live
    Instant now supports inline monitoring through Clarity Live to identify client connectivity issues and send the data to AirWave for analysis. It helps in isolating the root cause of the connectivity issues experienced by receiving regular statistics and updates generated by the events. For more information, see:
    - Clarity Live in Aruba Instant 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.0 User Guide.

- Clarity,show clarity config, and show clarity history in Aruba Instant 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.0 CLI Reference Guide.

But, I would recommand to use the latest EA version 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.2 as per discussion with my local SE who contributed to debug some stuff in previous version...