Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Too low speed that I expected on IAP-277 Point-to-Point Bridging(Mesh Portal/Point)

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Too low speed that I expected on IAP-277 Point-to-Point Bridging(Mesh Portal/Point)

Posted May 26, 2016 09:44 PM

Dear All,

I have configured Point-to-Point Briding on IAP-277(Mesh Portal/Point) like below topology.

P2P Testing Topology.jpg

I got this kind of result of Mesh link estabished.

show ap mesh link.JPG 

HT-Detials is VHT-80Mhz-3ss. According to 802.11ac specfication I am expecting around 1.3Gbps speed.

802.11ac achievable link rates.JPG

But, Real Speed of IAP-277 Point-to-Point Bridging I have gotten is around 100~150Mbps maximum.

iperf3 traffic statics-duplex.JPG

Test environment is as below.

-Indoor Lab testing environment.

-The distance between IAP-277 is 10m long.

-Traffic generator is "iperf3.exe".

Question #1: Is it normal speed of IAP-277 ,  Missconfiguration or H/W problem?

Question #2: if not a H/W Problem, any suggestion or configuration setting to optimize and speed up to 1.3Gbps on IAP-277?

Question #3: the speed difference between AP#1->AP#2(Around 100Mbps) and AP#1 <- AP#2(Around 10Mbps) is too high I think. How do I make both speed as almost equal? Give me some configuration command or suggestions for this.

FYI, I attached some of tech support files.

Regards,

Moon-Kee Bahk. 

Attachment(s)

txt
    show-tech-support.txt   226 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Too low speed that I expected on IAP-277 Point-to-Point Bridging(Mesh Portal/Point)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2016 11:32 PM

You have three issues that I can see:

min-tx-power 24  <------Min and max should be 12  TX power of 24 can cause distortion and cause throughput issues
    max-tx-power 127

rf dot11a-radio-profile
    spectrum-monitor  <-------Remove this, because it can lower throughput

If you do an iperf, you need to include -w512k to make the windows size 512k

You will not get 1.3ghz because wireless is half duplex....  You would be lucky if you get half of that.

• 3.  RE: Too low speed that I expected on IAP-277 Point-to-Point Bridging(Mesh Portal/Point)

Posted May 27, 2016 02:02 AM

Dear Colin Joseph,

Thanks about your wonderful comment for us.
    I got around 315Mbps max speed after applying with your comment. but still hungry regarding speed.

Even our testing lab is not located in electromagnetic shielded room, but I expect around speed half of 1.3Gbps speed.  we cannot see any channel interference, also.

Regards,

Moon-Kee Bahk.

• 4.  RE: Too low speed that I expected on IAP-277 Point-to-Point Bridging(Mesh Portal/Point)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 27, 2016 06:08 AM

@Moon-Kee Bahk wrote:

Dear Colin Joseph,

Thanks about your wonderful comment for us.
    I got around 315Mbps max speed after applying with your comment. but still hungry regarding speed.

Even our testing lab is not located in electromagnetic shielded room, but I expect around speed half of 1.3Gbps speed.  we cannot see any channel interference, also.

Regards,

Moon-Kee Bahk.

Mr. zero is correct.

Mimo relies on multiple paths to get better performance.  If the APs are close too each other, they have line of sight and there is only a single path.  Make the distance greater between them and put an object between the two APs.

Next, try the following parameters for iperf:

iperf -c <ip address of server> -w 1M -t 300 -I 5

• 5.  RE: Too low speed that I expected on IAP-277 Point-to-Point Bridging(Mesh Portal/Point)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 27, 2016 09:15 AM

At that distance, even a power of zero is likely still driving the radios pretty high and will cut down on throughput. Also, in case you aren't, you should be pushing 6-8 TCP streams across that link as well, not just a single stream.

• 6.  RE: Too low speed that I expected on IAP-277 Point-to-Point Bridging(Mesh Portal/Point)

Posted Dec 21, 2016 08:56 AM

As there are no clients to be served by the IAPs, what is the maximum p2p link speed in this case in theory?

Is there any option to utilize both radios to enhance the throughput?

• 7.  RE: Too low speed that I expected on IAP-277 Point-to-Point Bridging(Mesh Portal/Point)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 02, 2017 11:12 AM

We have seen max speeds of around 700Mbps in the most ideal cases when testing PtP, but real world speeds would be 500-600Mbps in clean channels with VHT80 (which again if there's any interference anywhere in the 80Mhz spectrum, that speed will drop). 274_5712_PtP.png

• 8.  RE: Too low speed that I expected on IAP-277 Point-to-Point Bridging(Mesh Portal/Point)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 27, 2016 02:29 AM
    Distance 10m ? Make that a greater distance or lower tx power.