Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Trouble configuring IAP-205 AP's

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Trouble configuring IAP-205 AP's

Posted Oct 29, 2015 05:36 AM

Hello,

I have some issues configuring the new IAP 205 AP’s. When I boot the AP’s connected to a local network with no Internet connection, no DHCP Server etc. the AP boots with the instant SSID and I’m able to connect and log in to the device with the default username and password. Unfortunately the device keeps rebooting every few minutes, probably because it’s unable to connect to the network/internet. The suggestion I found in your KB articles is to upgrade the firmware but that’s impossible without the AP connected to the internet.

When I boot the AP connected to the local network and internet it boots without the ‘Instant’ SSID and it receives a IP-address from a DHCP server. I’m able to connect to the IP-address over the wired link on https port 4343 but now I can’t login with the default username and password. “Login failed. Please re-enter Username & Password”.

How can I get this AP to work?

Regards, Jelle

#AP205

• 2.  RE: Trouble configuring IAP-205 AP's

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2015 05:49 AM
    It doesn't require internet. The instant ssid should just work when dhcp is supplied to the AP.