Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Two AP105's exhibiting packet loss and high latency

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Two AP105's exhibiting packet loss and high latency

Posted Jun 12, 2015 05:06 PM

So I have been having issues with both my AP105's, these things drop packets all the time and latency is just horrendous.  I can get better latency over a vpn connection to branch clients 4 states away then I can with my local wireless clients.  Something is really wrong with these things and both of these AP's do this.  I have to reboot my wifi printer at least a few times a week and we have disconnects on our wireless clients as well.  When I ping the AP's ethernet interfaces they respond just fine, something wrong with the wireless side of things.  

Also, when I check for a new firmware for my devices, I get a "Received no response from server" message.

I am on version 6.4.2.3-4.1.1.3_48994

Any help is much appreciated!

• 2.  RE: Two AP105's exhibiting packet loss and high latency

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 12, 2015 05:16 PM
    Wireless is a shared medium, so it will have more latency than a wired connection depending on contention, interference and a whole host of other variables. The question is, what variables are causing your issues...

• 3.  RE: Two AP105's exhibiting packet loss and high latency

Posted Jun 12, 2015 05:36 PM

Yeah, I am mostly worried about packet loss.  When I click on IDS I see a ton of AP's.  What do I need to set for Transmit power if I want to statically assign a different channel to the 2.4 and 5ghz radios?

• 4.  RE: Two AP105's exhibiting packet loss and high latency

Posted Jun 12, 2015 05:42 PM
    can give you a straight answer to that question because it all depends on your environment...how dense is your deployment? lots of neighbors? clients connect on which band?

• 5.  RE: Two AP105's exhibiting packet loss and high latency

Posted Jun 12, 2015 05:49 PM

I have no more than 12 - 15 users at a time.  It says 2 valid, 44 interfering and 1 rougue ap.  I don't know what band they are connecting to, how do I find that.  I dont seem to see that when I am looking through each connected client.  I do have 2.4 and 5ghz enabled, where they were both set to adaptive radio managment assigned.  I just statically assigned channels and it made no difference at all.

• 6.  RE: Two AP105's exhibiting packet loss and high latency

Posted Jun 12, 2015 05:52 PM

I do have prefer-5ghz, airtime set to fair-access.

• 7.  RE: Two AP105's exhibiting packet loss and high latency

Posted Jun 15, 2015 12:08 PM

Any ideas?  I can provide any info needed.

• 8.  RE: Two AP105's exhibiting packet loss and high latency

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 15, 2015 12:22 PM

Do do you have "Broadcast Filter All" enabled on your SSIDs?

Also 4.1.1.3 is older firmware.  Please PM me and I will send you the latest.

• 9.  RE: Two AP105's exhibiting packet loss and high latency

Posted Jun 16, 2015 11:45 AM

I read another thread last week and I tried and set the broadcast to disabled and to all, which made no difference.  Both of these AP's are on their own subnet as well.  I will PM you for the firmware.