Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Two short questions : Deploying instantAP with 802.1x (1.only VC as nas-ip? 2.When VC is down?)

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Two short questions : Deploying instantAP with 802.1x (1.only VC as nas-ip? 2.When VC is down?)

Posted May 31, 2014 07:11 AM

Hi Guys,

I have to questions :) ( I just want to be sure)

1. When deploying instantAP with 802.1x in front of external radius - Do i only need to add the VC address to the radius server as NAS-IP ?
    2. What if the VC is down and another unit becoming the MASTER ? (is it using the same NAS-IP?)

Please advise,

Thanks in advance,

Me

• 2.  RE: Two short questions : Deploying instantAP with 802.1x (1.only VC as nas-ip? 2.When VC is down?)

Posted May 31, 2014 07:19 AM

With Instant you can either add each physical IP of each IAP as RADIUS clients, or enable Dynamic RADIUS Proxy; by which all IAPs will use the VC IP.  You have to have a satic VC IP defined for this to work.

• 3.  RE: Two short questions : Deploying instantAP with 802.1x (1.only VC as nas-ip? 2.When VC is down?)

Posted May 31, 2014 07:21 AM

OK Thanks :)

So i use virtual controller ip option + radius proxy - then i will only need to add the virtual controller ip to the raidus as nas-ip

i understood right?

• 4.  RE: Two short questions : Deploying instantAP with 802.1x (1.only VC as nas-ip? 2.When VC is down?)
    Best Answer

Posted May 31, 2014 07:22 AM

Exactly.  Single NAS Client on RADIUS; all IAPs in cluster will use the static VC address as the NAS IP.

• 5.  RE: Two short questions : Deploying instantAP with 802.1x (1.only VC as nas-ip? 2.When VC is down?)

Posted May 31, 2014 07:26 AM

• 6.  RE: Two short questions : Deploying instantAP with 802.1x (1.only VC as nas-ip? 2.When VC is down?)

Posted May 31, 2014 10:15 AM
    Yes, but instead use DRP

• 7.  RE: Two short questions : Deploying instantAP with 802.1x (1.only VC as nas-ip? 2.When VC is down?)

Posted May 31, 2014 03:01 PM
    Marcosel, drp = dynamic radius proxy, in order to use this option , u also need the use the virtual controller IP.