Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  UAP to IAP

Posted Sep 16, 2019 10:04 AM
      |   view attached

hi,

is it possible to convert AP 535 (RW) Unified AP sw: 8.5.0.0-U to IAP?

which IAP image file can i use to upload into the UAP and where to get it?

how to convert it?

appreciate your advice.

tq

• 2.  RE: UAP to IAP
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 18, 2019 12:00 AM

Hi khai,

With newer AP's we do not make a difference between IAP,CAP and RAP. Those new AP's are called UAP's. UAP's can run as a controller managed Campus or Remote AP or as an Instant AP. 

For the first two modes (CAP and RAP) you simply need to connect them to a controller. 

For the last mode (IAP), you need to install the correct IAP firmware on the UAP. If you use central, this will happen automatically. If you use airWave this will also happen automatically, if the correct firmware is already loaded to AirWave. If you do not have AirWave or Central, you can download the software from support.arubanetworks.com. The correct image would be ArubaInstant_Scorpio. Ths latest available version is this one here:

ArubaInstant_Scorpio_8.5.0.2_71711

• 3.  RE: UAP to IAP

Posted Oct 12, 2019 08:52 AM

Hi there,

Whilst waiting for Aruba to activate my account you wouldnt happen to be able to provide me with the firmware 'ArubaInstant_Scorpio_8.5.0.2_71711' would you? 

Many thanks,
    Ashley

• 4.  RE: UAP to IAP

Posted Nov 01, 2019 05:36 AM

Hi,

Does anyone have a dowload link for 'InstantOS 8.5.0.4'?

Many thanks

• 5.  RE: UAP to IAP

Posted Oct 30, 2019 04:48 AM

Hello!

Is it publicly available for downloading? Because the link returns "404 - File or directory not found" error. 

I have a 545 AP and when i get to the web-interface, it asks me to upload the firmware. Shouldn't be it already installed by default?

Please help