Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

UDP multicast in IAP225

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  UDP multicast in IAP225

Posted Oct 13, 2017 04:05 AM

Hi

How do I get UDP multicast through the IAP 225 out to a TV box? It works to bridge it through the IAP225 to the second ethernet interface and send the tv stream out to the TV box, but not out on wifi if reconnecting the TV box to the IAP225 through wifi.

I have attched a few screenshots of the settings here:

https://www.incedo.eu/~sjoholmp/misc_internet_links/arubaiap_mcast_problem/

Tnx in advance

/Peo

• 2.  RE: UDP multicast in IAP225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2017 12:27 PM

You might call to work with TAC to see about other settings you may want to enable. You would also need to describe and characterize the type of multicast traffic (usually with a wired capture and a wireless capture) to see what is going on the wire and over the wireless. 

• 3.  RE: UDP multicast in IAP225

Posted Oct 13, 2017 05:12 PM

Well... I bought a couple of IAP 225 through the company. But they are used at home with no service agreement. So I guess a service call is out of the question.

Peo

• 4.  RE: UDP multicast in IAP225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2017 05:59 PM

You can still try to work with the great folks here, it just may take longer and you will need to better characterize the issue, what multicast service you're suing, how it works, etc. May also require getting some pcaps as well. 

• 5.  RE: UDP multicast in IAP225

Posted Oct 13, 2017 06:24 PM

Hi

At this stage I would like to know if there are any issues with the 225 APs when using multicast streaming.

Traffic goes through to the IAP 225 to the TV box using wifi. But that is EPG info only. It never starts the video stream over wifi. When connecting TV box through ethernet cable using the IAP 225 as a VLAN bridge of the TV vlan it works flawlessly. That can be seen in the pictures that can be found on the link in the earlier post. 

It would be nice to in this early stage have a statement from a pro in this area before continuing.  If it turns out that is not enough to solve it I at the second stage probably can mirror a port and sniff it for additional info.