Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

UPNP services on IAP205

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  UPNP services on IAP205

Posted Nov 04, 2017 11:44 AM

Hi

I have a network with two IAP205 running version 6.4.4.4-4.2.3.1_54637 and try to connect some streaming speakers to the WLAN.
    In the CLI I can see that some queries are dropped.
    The service ID urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:ZonePlayer:1 is easy to add in the GUI, but when I try to add ssdp:wiimudevice I get the error message: "Invalid syntax"

AP1# show airgroup blocked-queries

AirGroup dropped Query IDs
    --------------------------
    Service ID #query-hits
    ---------- -----------
    urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:ZonePlayer:1 150
    ssdp:wiimudevice 54
    Num dropped Query IDs:2

How do I allow ssdp:wiimudevice?
    DLNA and Bonjour is enabled under services and under the SSID settings Broadcast filtering, Multicast transmission optimization and dynamic multicast optimization are all disabled

Anything else I need to check to get my speakers up and running? The vendor couldn't provide a list of service ID's they use.

Regards

Jonas Hammarbäck

• 2.  RE: UPNP services on IAP205

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2017 07:31 AM

I am not sure how you would add that.  Do you see an "allowall" dlna service?  If yes, try to enable that.

• 3.  RE: UPNP services on IAP205

Posted Nov 06, 2017 02:18 AM

Hi

I have tried to enable Allow all in the services but the sspd is still blocked.

Regards Jonas

• 4.  RE: UPNP services on IAP205

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2017 05:43 AM

What type of device are you controlling so we can ask if others are using it?  That SSDP looks like it is related to the Wii?

• 5.  RE: UPNP services on IAP205

Posted Nov 12, 2017 05:41 AM

Hi

I have been trying to get information from the reseller about the real hardware vendor, but they refuse to send the name of the vendor. In the UPNP device XML the speaker reports Wonders (www.wonders.com) as manufacturer. But that web site only sell shoes...

Is it possible to disable all Multicast and broadcast blocking features in IAP?

Enable all DLNA/Airgroup services isn't enough as some traffic is still blocked.

Regards Jonas

• 6.  RE: UPNP services on IAP205

Posted Nov 13, 2017 02:27 AM

Hi

The reseller refuse to tell me the manufacturer’s name, but in the UPNP communication I can read the name company name Wonders and web site www.wonders.com. But this is a reseller for shoes, not electronics...

After some additional troubleshooting I have found that if I add _wiimudevice._udp the ssdp query wiimudevice isn't listed as blocked by show airgroup blocked-queries, but the communication doesn't work.

Can the reply from the device be blocked in some way by the virtual controller?

Is it any way to completely disable all Multicast and broadcast filtering function in IAP?

Regards

Jonas