Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to login to IAP after 8.5 upgrade

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  Unable to login to IAP after 8.5 upgrade

Posted May 09, 2019 04:46 AM

I got fresh 305 out from the box. I upgraded it to newes version 8.5. I was able to login with serial number after the upgrade but the new password does not work.

Also tried with another AP that i changed password before the upgrade. I was able to login with that pw when the version was 6.3.x but not after the upgrade. I tried to reset ap's but it does not help.

• 2.  RE: Unable to login to IAP after 8.5 upgrade

Posted May 09, 2019 06:40 AM

Same thing with 8.4.2. For some reason GUI login does not work but im able to login with SSH with the same credentials that im trying to GUI.

• 3.  RE: Unable to login to IAP after 8.5 upgrade
    Best Answer

Posted May 21, 2019 01:39 AM

It seems that this was problem at my end. At 8.5 it might take 10-15minutes before HTTPS starts to prompt.

• 4.  RE: Unable to login to IAP after 8.5 upgrade

Posted Aug 26, 2019 11:20 AM

In my case, I did not change the password prior the upgrade from 8.4.x to 8.5.x. Here, the default password is changed to the serial number of that AP. Make sure to use capital letters (user: admin, password: SERIAL). Can be found on page 12 of this document: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00072926en_us

• 5.  RE: Unable to login to IAP after 8.5 upgrade

Posted Feb 13, 2020 07:19 AM

Thank You;

The password access before reset is SERIAL;

Thanks