Controllerless Networks

Contributor II

Unavailability - AP 207

Hello friends !

Today a serious problem has occurred in my environment. Come on:

1º We moved to a new building two days ago three days ago. Several adjustments were made in the IAP to improve performance, since we are in an environment with several APs from other floors.

- Broadcast filter enabled (ALL)
            - Transmission power (9 and 12)
            - Immunity to interference (5)

2º The environment was operating normally, but today, the following problems occurred:

- The speed for all devices dropped a lot, reaching 1Mbps. Devices that were at 400Mbps speed dropped to 100Mbps.
  - Some devices could not connect to the AP or the SSID was not visible.

As the environment was unavailable for more than 20 minutes, it was necessary to reinitialize the IAP. Attached screenshots of Airwave. The problem started from 4pm.

|ATP FLEXNETWORK V3|ACSA
Guru Elite

Re: Unavailability - AP 207

Set the interference immunity back to 2 (default). Changing that parameter will greatly sacrifice coverage when you increase it. It should not be changed unless you speak to TAC.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Guru Elite

Utilization at 80% is bad. It also says that it is being transmitted from that access point.

What band is this and what channel width are you using?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor II

Colin,

thanks for the support. Rollback configuration.

|ATP FLEXNETWORK V3|ACSA
Contributor II

Colin,

how can I get this information by CLI?

The problem is in the 2.4Ghz radio, with channels 1,6,11. Some evidence is attached.

|ATP FLEXNETWORK V3|ACSA
Guru Elite

Is this problem on a single access point or a number of access points?

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor II

We have only 1 access point.

|ATP FLEXNETWORK V3|ACSA
Guru Elite

How many SSIDs do you have?

How many clients are on that AP at peak?

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor II

1 SSID

~20 clients in 2.4Ghz

~5 clients in 5.0Ghz

Today the problem happened at least 10 times. Everyone in 2.4Gh is in trouble. Unfortunately we will put another solution ...

|ATP FLEXNETWORK V3|ACSA
Guru Elite

Okay.  You should look at your clients to see if you can understand who is passing the most traffic.  It seems from Airwave that the traffic is actually coming from that AP...

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: