Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Understanding Activate and Airwave

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Understanding Activate and Airwave

Posted Mar 07, 2016 03:57 PM

Hi all,

I'm currently running a PoC for Aruba Activate for our business. Having read through the docs I have my environment set up, however I'm a little unclear regarding how much work should involve some hands on and what should be automated.

Here is some background information:

- Global organisation

- Desire to have a single standard core configuration that makes use of default and custom variables to distinguish between IAP instances

- Activate account operational

- Airwave PoC operational

- Organisation string defined as 'IAP-EU'

- Configuration applied to 'Golden IAP', and IAP manually added to Airwave PoC

- Golden IAP configuration fetched and template defined

My question now relates to other IAPs that I wish to deploy automatically. In Activate, having defined a folder 'IAP-EU', if I place a new device into here, the device then comes onto the network, connects to Activate and provisioning script provides the Org string 'IAP-EU', IAP then contacts Airwave server and establishes connectivity. If the template I have defined contains %example% values for things like hostname, etc, then is the process to manually add (unless automatic provisioning is enabled) the IAP to the group, then select 'Manage', change the configuration mode from monitor, then adjust the standard variables and custom variables, then applying these changes?

Does the above sound correct or am I making this too difficult and there is an easier way? It's just this last bit I'm struggling with.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Understanding Activate and Airwave

Posted Mar 07, 2016 04:01 PM
    That's exactly how it should be

Sent from Outlook for iPhone

• 3.  RE: Understanding Activate and Airwave

Posted Mar 07, 2016 04:34 PM

Thanks Victor, will go through this in my lab and report back my findings.

• 4.  RE: Understanding Activate and Airwave

Posted Mar 07, 2016 04:41 PM