Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Using IAP internal Radius for Authenticating Windows computers and using MAC filtering

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Using IAP internal Radius for Authenticating Windows computers and using MAC filtering

Posted May 17, 2015 05:33 PM

Hello

I expect to install about 10 IAPs for used to connect Windows 7 PC and Iphones to the WIFI using IAP VC.

The plan is to use Radius or LDAP.

Are their any advantages of using one over the other?

Can the internal radius be used to authenticate windows machines with Mac filtering or does it have to be an external radius server?

Thank you in advance

• 2.  RE: Using IAP internal Radius for Authenticating Windows computers and using MAC filtering
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2015 05:35 PM

I would use a RADIUS server and only allow machine authentication. This is much more secure than using the MAC address.

• 3.  RE: Using IAP internal Radius for Authenticating Windows computers and using MAC filtering

Posted May 17, 2015 07:41 PM

Hi Tim,

Thanks much for the response.

Can the internal IAP radius server be integrated into a Windows Networking environment for Machine authentication or would I have to use an external radius server such as windows NAP server etc?

Thanks again

Edi

• 4.  RE: Using IAP internal Radius for Authenticating Windows computers and using MAC filtering

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2015 07:54 PM
    You would need something like Microsoft NPS (or ClearPass)