Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

VLAN derivation per building

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VLAN derivation per building

MVP
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 01:04 PM
    Hey all,

Need to setup VLAN assignments for Corp network on a per building basis. Don't want different SSIDs and people could roam between them so AD groups won't work. Thought about using "AP-Name" rule because all APs will be named per building, but can't seem to get
    it to work. Any other ideas or methods to accomplishing this? The IAPs will all be on the same L2 across the board, so seperate VC's isn't going to work.

Thx

• 2.  RE: VLAN derivation per building

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 01:07 PM
    AP-Name should work with a regex. Please share some screenshots.

• 3.  RE: VLAN derivation per building

MVP
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 01:13 PM

Image 2016-06-02 131035 001.png

Image 2016-06-02 131035 002.png

So VLAN is 21 - 10.10.21.x, but we continue getting the default VLAN of 10, which is configured on the wired port. I have tested VLAN 21 successfully by statically setting it to only that VLAN, but the dynamic doesn't seem to be working.

• 4.  RE: VLAN derivation per building

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 01:20 PM
    Oh, sorry. I thought you meant in ClearPass. I've definitely used AP-Name in
    ClearPass, but not in local VLAN assignment rules.

• 5.  RE: VLAN derivation per building

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 01:20 PM
    Oh, sorry. I thought you meant in ClearPass. I've definitely used AP-Name in
    ClearPass, but not in local VLAN assignment rules.

• 6.  RE: VLAN derivation per building

MVP
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 01:23 PM
    Yeah only using IAPs right now. Is there any orher way of doing this locally? We are using Windows NPS, could we return a value based on the AP we are connected to? Again, easy in ClearPass, but not familiar with this type of setup in NPS.