Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

Virtual Controller IP suddenly not reachable, neither direct IPs of IAPs in a IAP215/IAP225 cluster

Hi

as topic describes, simple IAP215/225 cluster which was upgraded from 8.5.0.6 to 8.6.0.2 last week . Today wanted to check webui for somewhat - i dont really remember - but the static virtual controller IP wasnt reachable, no ping , neither single IP's (dhcp both) of the 2 IAP were reachable , normally i enter the virtual IP with http:// and it auto-redirects to the :4343 , same happens when accessing the single IAPs IP adress (you all know by yourselves).

environment:

really simple 192.168.0.0/24 network, no vlans, no special config used. 

just hard plugged out both IAPs and et voila virtualcontroller IP again reachable . no client issue with the ping/access as i tested from 3 different clients. from my opinion (never had this) the webUI just stopped responding. im about to upgrade to 8.6.0.3 tomorrow , just wanted to ask the community if someone else experienced this after upgrading to 8.6.0.2 

regards and keep on going, i like this place!

benjamin

Highlighted

Re: Virtual Controller IP suddenly not reachable, neither direct IPs of IAPs in a IAP215/IAP225 clus

Hi, 

Any specific reason to upgrade from 8.5 to 8.6 ?

When you click on Check Firmware, what does it return (i think it returns 8.3 or 8.4). This is the version you can use. 

ACMP / ACSP / ACCP / ACEP / ACDX # 663
CCIE R/S - 37956
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: